- Deepening relationships with God and each other
- Developing character in facing new challenges
- Developing independence
During this time we want to see the children learning a respect for the environment which God has created; developing love and respect for one another; and growing in understanding of how to love and respect ourselves.
The challenges the children will face are many and varied and will include such things as:
- Personal discipline and decision making
- Responsibility for personal belongings
- Taking part in duties (with adult supervision)
- Using initiative and gaining confidence
- Developing an awareness of what needs to be done and how to do it
- Contributing to the needs of their team with sensitivity and forethought
Our aim is to develop students’ ability to work in teams and to encourage independence and confidence in preparation for adult life. It is during these times that students often grow spiritually probably because the absence of their normal domestic routines causes them to reflect and to listen more closely to God’s prompting.